Share a story about your best learning experience (could be a formal course or something more personal). Why did you enjoy it?

For now, the best learning experience for me personally came from a math class in Coquitlam College. First of all, I am not a very love math class, if not the curriculum requirements I will not take the initiative to go to the math class. At the beginning, I did little about the class except taking notes in class. However, this class has exams every week, and my first two exams are not very ideal. At that moment, our math teacher noticed me and asked me why I didn’t do well in the exam during the break time. It was because I didn’t understand what I had learned or because I was careless. It was a very unique experience for me, because I had never met a teacher who cared so much for my students. After communicating with the teacher gradually, the teacher’s kindness motivated me to learn this course, and I think I should live up to the expectations of the teacher. In the following courses, I became more serious in class and took the initiative to ask questions that I could not. And my exam scores are gradually improving. Unconsciously, I think the relationship between me and this teacher is no longer a simple teacher-student relationship, but a relationship between good friends. This also made my study easier, and I was more brave to ask him for help with math problems. Finally, I also used the final grade A grade to repay the teacher who is also A teacher and friend. It also made me understand that to be a good teacher, first of all, a bridge of communication should be built between students and me. Many students do not dislike learning but are afraid to ask questions, which results in unsatisfactory academic performance. When students feel that it is no longer scary to ask questions of the teacher, their motivation to learn also increases. In my opinion, the academic degree theory that teachers and students maintain a high degree of interaction is worth promoting.