recourse link :https://edci335class.wordpress.com/

1. According to the description, Pod1 aims to teach international K-12 level students English. But the scope of the instruction covers everything from the most basic words, grammar, to making sentences and understanding simple stories. I think it requires students to have a certain understanding of English in order to achieve the goal in a certain time.
2. Although there are activities in each unit for students to engage themselves in their study, there is no consideration for students’ uneven vocabulary. This may lead to a part of the students can not be well adapted to the next level of learning. I think at the end of each unit the students are assessed to make sure that the quality of the lessons that follow is better.
3. Although learning videos are provided for vocabulary learning, the target group of the teaching is K-12 students who are not familiar with English, So I think it would be more helpful for students to provide subtitles in different languages on the videos.
4. Since the scope of teaching objectives is large, I think some contents can be appropriately reduced to improve the teaching quality. Assuming that the course is three months long, the students may be in a hurry from the basic word comprehension to the final simple reading comprehension. Perhaps a test should be given before students start school, and some of the lessons should be edited out according to the students’ test results. (For example, students have some knowledge of vocabulary and grammar, so the focus of teaching can be on writing and reading comprehension. The previous vocabulary teaching and basic grammar can be passed quickly.)